Welcome to FreightWeekSTL 2021!
FreightWeekSTL 2021 is happening May 24-28. This virtual event, being held in partnership with the Inland Marine Expo, provides an invaluable opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders, freight and logistics experts, international shippers, carriers and other leading companies – as well as regional leaders from across the bi-state St. Louis area.
FreightWeekSTL will feature sessions and events that spotlight:
- Global connectivity through waterways and dedicated rail service to coastal and gulf ports
- Market-driven Container-on-Barge services and opportunities for the Midwest
- Improvements to highway performance with the greatest potential impact on the agriculture industry
- Contribution of St. Louis region’s talent supply chain to site selection wins
- How the freight industry is rising to unprecedented COVID-19 challenges
- Regional success in repurposing former auto plants and adaptive reuse of other industrial sites
- Release of the St. Louis Region’s Spring 2021 Industrial Real Estate Market Report
- Ag Coast of America Riverboat Cruise and the Gateway Arch and Museum exhibitions
Monday, May 24 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Enhancing Global Connectivity through Infrastructure Investment and Innovation
Panelists will highlight the global connectivity of St. Louis region’s rail and inland waterway system supported by multimodal infrastructure and container-on-barge advancements.
- Dennis Wilmsmeyer, Executive Director, America’s Central Port
- Neal Langdon, Executive Vice President, Arcosa Marine Products
- Ron Tindall, President, Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis
Tuesday, May 25 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The Importance of Multi-State Agriculture Highway Corridors
Learn about the role of Multi-State Agriculture Highway Corridors in efficiently moving domestic agricultural products and supporting continued market competitiveness by providing global and national connections to the supply chain.
- Adam Sparger, Director, Transportation Services Division, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service
- Ken Eriksen, Senior Vice President, Head of Client Advisory & Development, Energy & Transportation, and Policy, IHS Markit
- Tom Blair, St. Louis District Engineer, Missouri Department of Transportation
Wednesday, May 26 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Building Global Connections with Dedicated Rail & the Port of Virginia
FreightWeekSTL 2021 Keynote Presentation: Hear firsthand how dedicated rail service to the thriving Port of Virginia enhances the St. Louis region’s global connectivity.
Wednesday, May 26 at 10:30 a.m.
Ag Coast of America Riverboat Cruise/Lunch & Gateway National Arch and Museum
A close up look at the St. Louis region’s freight assets and opportunities.
Thursday, May 27 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Case Study: St. Louis Region Breathes New Life into Former & Current Auto Plant Sites
Discover how the St. Louis region’s resiliency, economic viability and locational advantages are evident in the successful redevelopment of former Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Assembly Plant sites and contribute to the continued activity underway at the busy General Motors Wentzville Assembly Plant.
- Mark Branstetter, Partner, Panattoni Development Company
- Scott Haley, Director of Development, US Capital Development
- Doug Rasmussen, President & CEO, Steadfast City Economic & Community Partners
Thursday, May 27 at 8 a.m.
Release of 2022 St. Louis Regional Freightway Priority Project List
Digital release of the Freightway’s 2022 Priority Projects List, a valuable tool used to advocate for support and funding for critical infrastructure improvements that strengthen the St. Louis region’s position as a world-class freight and logistics hub to the national and global supply chains.
Friday, May 28 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Paradigm Shift: Attracting New Investment and Development Through Infrastructure and Partnerships
Explore how the Ecosystem of the 60-mile Illinois Route 3 manufacturing & logistics corridor in Southwestern Illinois supports complex and integrated manufacturing operations, sparks new industrial development interest, and continues to evolve and grow by repurposing its vacant industrial sites through infrastructure investment and public-private partnerships.
Moderator: Doug Rasmussen, President & CEO of Steadfast City Economic & Community Partners
- Steve Zuber, SIOR, CCIM, Principal, Barber Murphy
- Matt Whitney, Director of Business & Industrial Development, Terminal Rail Road Association of St. Louis (TRRA)
- Mike Patton, General Manager, U.S. Steel Corporation
Friday, May 28 at 8 a.m.
St. Louis Regional Freightway Industrial Real Estate Market Report Release
Digital release of the latest Industrial Market Report for the St. Louis region.
Inland Marine Expo (IMX) is being held May 24-26, 2021
at the Dome at America’s Center.
Delivered to you by